Capital Project Information
The project will address key health, safety and security measures in the district. The additional funds, which account for inflation and supply chain challenges faced since the original vote, will bring the project total to $38 million.
What is the tax impact on district residents?
District residents that are not enrolled in the STAR program, will see an increase of $72.44 annually per $100,000. Residents with the STAR Program will see an increase of $50.71 in their annual taxes. Residents enrolled in the Enhanced STAR Program will see an increase of only $18.18 in their taxes per year.
• Creation of multi-purpose artificial turf field with lights
• Relocate pool to high school athletic complex
• Renovate + Expand fitness center
• Relocate high school locker rooms
• Relocate concessions to provide interior + exterior services
• Replace failing electrical + HVAC systems
• Replace fuel island
• Replace kitchen + serving lines equipment and meet ADA compliance
• Replace elevator motors + mechanical components
• New parking lot on current soccer field
• Reconstruction of all existing parking lots/ driveways
• Relocate + Renovate CTE and STEM Classrooms
• Remodel current prop room into dressing for auditorium
• Convert current pool space into band, chorus and music classrooms
• Update auditorium curtain control system
• Update auditorium lighting control system
• Replace remaining two (2) domestic hot water boilers
• HVAC Upgrades
• Plumbing Upgrades
NOTICE OF SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT MEETING
OF THE VOTERS OF THE CANTON CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF THE CANTON CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that pursuant to a Resolution adopted by the Board of Education of the District on the December 22, 2022, a Special Meeting of the qualified voters of said School District, County of St. Lawrence, State of New York, will be held in the Hugh C. Williams Senior High School Learning Resource Center, 99 State Street, Canton, New York, on February 14, 2023, from 12:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.
Please click the Legal Notice below for details: