3.3.6 Duties of the Extraclassroom Activity Fund Central Treasurer and Faculty Auditor
The Extraclassroom Activity Fund Central Treasurer is appointed by the Board of Education and is responsible for the supervision of the extraclassroom activity fund.
- Countersigns all checks disbursing funds from the Extraclassroom Activity Account;
- Provides general supervision to ensure that all receipts are deposited and that disbursements are made by check only;
- Maintains records of all receipts and expenditures;
- Submits records and reports to the Board as required; and
- Assumes other duties customary to the position.
The Extraclassroom Activity Fund Faculty Auditor is appointed by the Board of Education and is responsible for auditing of all financial transactions of the fund.
- Examines the statement of accounts from the Central Treasurer once each month;
- Audits the ledgers kept by student treasurers at least twice per year;
- Examines transactions and procedures to determine if correct;
- Certifies the accuracy of entries posted and available balances listed;
- Investigates instances when the Central Treasurer's report and club ledgers do not agree; and
- Prepares year-end report summarizing the financial condition of each activity and submits to Principal and Board of Education.
8 New York Code of Rules and Regulations (NYCRR) Part 172
Adoption Date: 10/07/10